Residents of North Woods Village enjoy the best of both worlds – the privacy of their own quiet suite with the security of 24-hour support. Nestled in the heart of a bustling neighborhood, the suites are specially designed to promote independence with several unique features that offer helpful prompts and cues. They also have safety features to keep staff connected, even when the residents are enjoying privacy.
A Place of Their Own
Residents are encouraged to decorate their suites with treasured items from home to create a familiar, welcoming and comforting place to call their own. By personalizing their new space with meaningful possessions, cherished photos and favorite furnishings, they have a sense of ownership and belonging while enhancing their senses of security and comfort.
Residents are welcome to bring:
- A favorite blanket and familiar bedding
- Family photos, especially those featuring parents, siblings, spouse, children and grandchildren
- Cherished furniture
- A CD player and music that evokes memories (better than watching TV!)
- Bath towels that are similar to the ones he or she had at home
- We invite families to fill the resident's suite with family photos, memory books and photo albums to help loved one reminisce. If you label the photos, the community staff and others can identify those in the photos and help your loved one remember and share those memories.
Suite Amenities & Features
- Private bathroom with walk-in shower in line of sight of the living/bedroom area, supporting independence
- Wooded or courtyard views available
- Motion sensors to alert staff of resident activity
- Low lighting at all times in bathroom to enhance safety
- Heat lamps in bathroom
- Special use of color to help residents identify areas more independently
- Emergency call system
- Memory boxes to help identify individual suites
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning