Director of Environmental Services
Guiding. Caring. Inspiring.
North Woods Village of Kalamazoo, Southwest Michigan’s premier dedicated Memory Care Assisted Living community, is seeking a Director of Environmental Services, to join its leadership team. At North Woods Village, having a passion for serving those with Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia is the most important quality for our team and helps distinguish our Senior Living Community from others and ensures the best living experience for our residents and their families.
The Director of Environmental Services is responsible for the community’s maintenance and housekeeping functions, overall budget for maintenance and housekeeping departments, and ensures compliance with Life Safety code requirements.
The Director of Environmental Services responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing overall plant operations and environmental services leadership, supervises all housekeeping staff.
- Monitors & oversees operations, repairs and maintenance of the community’s all components of the physical plant and landscaping
- Directs the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed.
- Conducts assessments and develops service plans and maintenance schedules to meet regulations and safety codes.
- Ensures building security system is maintained and in working order at all times and that the community is in compliance with Life Safety and Fire Safety programs.
- Ensures apartments are move-in ready, well maintained and assists with resident move-ins and move-outs.
- Responds to building emergencies and serves as liaison with the State of Indiana Fire Marshall Office and the Schererville Fire department.
- Assists in the forecast and development of the budget for the operation and maintenance of the building and systems, including repairs, equipment, supplies and labor, and adheres to approved budgets.
Job Type: Full-time
North Woods Village follows current Department of Health COVID Safety Guidelines for the safety of our staff and residents, which includes wearing a mask.
|Job Category||Environmental Services|