How to Put On and Remove a Face Mask
Disposable face masks should be used once and then thrown in the trash. You should also remove and replace masks when they become moist.
How to Put On a Face Mask
1. Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask.
2. Determine which side of the mask is the top. The side of the mask that has a stiff bendable edge is the top and is meant to mold to the shape of your nose.
3. Determine which side of the mask is the front. The colored side of the mask is usually the front and should face away from you, while the white side touches your face.
4. Follow the instructions below for the type of mask you are using.
- Face Mask with Ear loops: Hold the mask by the ear loops. Place a loop around each ear.
- Face Mask with Ties: Bring the mask to your nose level and place the ties over the crown of your head and secure with a bow.
5. Mold or pinch the stiff edge to the shape of your nose.
6. If using a face mask with ties: Then take the bottom ties, one in each hand, and secure with a bow at the nape of your neck.
7. Pull the bottom of the mask over your mouth and chin.
How to Remove a Face Mask
1. Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask. Avoid touching the front of the mask. The front of the mask is contaminated. Only touch the ear loops/ties. Follow the instructions below for the type of mask you are using.
2. Face Mask with Ear loops: Hold both of the ear loops and gently lift and remove the mask. 3. Face Mask with Ties: Untie the bottom bow first then untie the top bow and pull the mask away from you as the ties are loosened.
4. Throw the mask in the trash. Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
Despite these tips the most important tip is to wear a mask.